Apply for SALT
Applications for SALT 2017 are now closed.
SALT 2017 applications are now closed! If you have any questions, you may contact Jacob Evans at email@example.com or call our office at 706-865-0853 Ext 104.
Applications closed as of January 31st at 11:59pm
Before you apply for SALT, please read through all of the information above. It is very helpful and will help you make a more informed decision. Then, please take some time to pray. Ask God if this could possibly be the opportunity that He would have for you this summer. If you believe He is leading you to apply, then please do.
How to apply for SALT
Step 1: Application Form
Fill out the SALT application form. You should receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes of applying. If you do not receive this email, contact our office. There may have been a problem submitting your application.
Step 2: References
Once we receive your application, we will send your references an email containing a reference form for them to fill out. Please tell your references to be looking for this email and to fill it out as soon as they can. Your application will not be considered until we have the reference form from both of your references.
Step 3: Video
Submit a 2-4 minute video via Vimeo answering the following questions and following the instructions below:
Your application is not considered complete until I have received your video submission
To see a sample video from a former SALT camper, play the video below or copy and paste this link https://vimeo.com/110427722.
- How to create a vimeo account.
- Go to www.vimeo.com
- If you do not already have an account then you will have to make one, but don't worry because it is free.
- Click the small green box in the upper left-hand corner that has the word "join" on it.
- Type your full name, email, and password then click create account.
- Make/edit your video and upload it under your account.
- The questions you need to answer
- Click upload and choose the video that you are uploading.
- Title the video whatever you want.
- IMPORTANT! - Under the privacy option, make sure and choose from the dropdown menu "Only people I choose can see this video."
- IMPORTANT! - Once the privacy option is set, make sure and enter my vimeo username, which is firstname.lastname@example.org. I will not be able to view your video if you do not share it with me.
- Make sure you share the video with me!
- Once you submit the video and your application is completed then you are finished with the application process. I will be following up to schedule a phone interview with you soon.
- Also, you have the opportunity to help cut the price down with scholarship opportunity.
- Questions you need to answer during your video.
- State your name, age, and what you want to do when you grow up.
- We have a lot of teens that apply for SALT. Why should you be chosen over the other applicants? What sets you apart? (This is a chance to let us know why you'd be an asset to our SALT program! Let us know what you can offer!)
- What made you want to apply for SALT?
- How did you hear about SALT?
- What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
- What is your favorite hobby/passion?
- Show off a random talent! (Feel free to have fun with this one. Be as creative as you'd like!)
- If you have any difficulties or cannot submit a video for any reason, please contact me at email@example.com.
Step 4: Phone Interview
After we review your video, I will be calling you to set up a brief phone interview. This is the last step in the SALT application process. It's just a casual phone conversation allowing us to connect and ask any follow up questions we have after reviewing your application and video. And you should feel free to ask questions of me too!
Step 5: Results
We will contact you sometime in February (before normal camp registration) with an email letting you know you were accepted or letting you know why we were not able to accept you at this time. Please understand that we do have lots of teens apply for the SALT program. Unfortunately, we cannot accept everyone who applies.